Thursday, June 12, 2008

Week 9 - Thing #23 - Final Thoughts

Well, while I have come to the end of this particular course, I am just beginning my journey into the wide 2.0 jungle out there on the web. I have learned some great skills during this course, such as

  1. developing a rollyo,
  2. manipulating images,
  3. subscribing to (and soon recording my own) podcasts,
  4. developing a blog and wiki,
  5. collaborating through social networks, and
  6. utilizing web-based word and presentation processing applications.

I really am sad that this formal course has come to an "end" (if you offer any more, let me know!!), but what I am excited about is that I will continue to look for new web 2.0 applications that I can integrate into my teaching. I am coming out of this experience much more knowledgeable about the web, copyright (I LOVE Creative Commons), and one of the many goals of teaching: to prepare my students for success in a web-based world.

I have two goals for the future: 1) that my seniors will be ready to use these web applications by the time they graduate, giving them a head-start on their futures; and 2) to continue my own education in the high-tech world of web-based applications.

4 comments:

Elem Tech said...

I have to say... I'm so jealous that you're done. I'd like to have been done already too, but some other learning opportunities have come up. Good luck on your continued quest!

ESC1 said...

You are the first one to finish. APPLAUSE!!!and we all learned from your journey.

Stef said...

Of Course you were the first to finish!!
Thanks for all the help!
See you soon at our mtg

danilei said...

So proud of you!!! I know we are going to be able to pass a lot of these applications on to the rest of the faculty. Dani