Thursday, June 12, 2008

Week 9 - Thing #20 - Video Posts

Hi all!! Here is some videos I found on TeacherTube, SchoolTube, and Youtube. Enjoy!!

"Power Teaching" - a short video from TeacherTube about "Power Teaching," a grass-roots education reform movement that started tin 1999 in California. Chris Biffle, the philosophy professor you see in the video, is co-founder of the movment. I chose this video becasue of its creative and high-energy approach to teaching. What do you all think??



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book review of the 7th Harry Potter book found on YouTube. I chose this video because 1) I'm a Harry Potter fan, and 2) I think it will be great for my students to search for book reviews of the novels they will be reading to see what other people who have read the novel have to say about it. Afterwards, they can upload their own book review. This one is kind of cute....



I've been trying to watch videos on SchoolTube, but I've been having some trouble doing that. Once I am able to get to a computer that allows me to watch vidoes on SchoolTube, I will upload a video from there...'til then, have fun!!!!!!

No comments: