Thursday, June 12, 2008

Week 9 - Thing # 22 - Ebooks and Audiobooks

Since I started graduate school, I have been using Project Gutenberg to download novels or short stories I needed for class. Also, if you are interested in downloading free works of poetry, go to Poemhunter. You can download different poets' collections of their work (not exhaustive or complete collections, but substantial anyway).

I really like the idea of Ebooks. I hate the fact that our enviornment has to suffer negatively for the production of paper. It is more difficult for me to read something online, but I think it's really all psychological. I need to just do it more often while taking the proper precautions to safeguard my vision (or what remains of vision).

In July, I will revisit the World Ebook Fair and download some books. However, I am tempted to just pay the $9 for the yearly membership. I really should also donate to Project Gutenberg for all the help they've given me over the years, hehehehe.

1 comment:

Latte said...

I tried Poemhunter but I didn't enjoy it because of all the pop-ups.