Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Week 1 - Thing #2 - 71/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners

Hello all!!! Well, I watched the short video/slideshow, and I really can't say that anything surprised me (I've been a teacher for six years and have never stopped being a student, so I guess that I have sort of stumbled upon these habits as I journeyed on my educational quest).

From my own experience, I can say that the easiest habit for me has been to accept responsiblity for my own learning. I love challenges, and the biggest challenge for me is to challenge myself to be resourceful. I started doing this in college, and I have continued even into my graduate study.

The hardest habit for me is to PLAY!! I know I have to make time, but my "workaholic" personality makes me feel guilty. I guess I have started to make time in my schedule since I began working out on a daily basis. I have started to learn the necessity of making time for my health and spirituality, and now I have to make time for me to just sit down and read WHATEVER I WANT!!

1 comment:

Stef said...

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!