Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Week 7 - Thing #16 - Wikis

As an educator, I have been an advocate of anti-wikipedia usage for serious scholarly research, and I have not changed my stance. However, I do see the immense potential of using wikis in classrooms: the ability to share essays; networking with students, parents, and other educators; small group planning and collaboration; and the list goes on.

So...here it is: SJA English wiki! For now, it is a private wiki because I am still working on it. I am still planning on its use in my classroom, but it takes quite a bit of planning on my part. I also think I'm going to have to upgrade to the lowest premium service because of the 1 GB storage space it provides, but I won't do that until later.

1 comment:

lori said...

As a former English teacher, I'm also against using wikis for "professional" research; however, I also see the benefits that wikis has in the classroom. I'm glad to see that you're working on your own wikis . Hope it works that way you want it to work:)